hazy glass

garran99

Reefing newb
my tank appears to have a haze/fog to it and am wondering how to get rid of it. when I wet it the haze kind of goes away and comes back when dry. Also once water has been in for a day or two begins to haze back up.:frustrat:

Deposits in the water is my guess. If you are adding salt water you are probably getting a very fine layer of calcium i think it is, that will adhere to the inner surface of the glass. Happened to me when I would add FSW i had just made before it was completely mixed. Taking a mag float over it or just using a plain paper towel and going over it should lift it off no problems.

Yeah, cuz if it's not the glass, and the water gets sporadic hazing, then it could be algae blooms, which means he probably has high phosphates or something.

Happened to me when I would add FSW i had just made before it was completely mixed.

I always have my new water mixing with a big pump for over 12 hours and it's still really hazy when I put it in the tank. Is that something I should worry about?

What salt are you using? Between the three salts I've used they all had different mixing times. Most people run theirs 12-24 hours for oxygen and mixing to occur. The red sea coral pro salt I use clears in about 30 minutes of mixing. Then I just let it aerate.

I use instant ocean. And I don't think i's the container caus I clean that out before every water change.

I'm also using tap water right now. I'm getting my RO/DI unit tommorow so next water change I'll see if that helps.

Back