Got another new one!

Waddi

Shenanigans?
Ok so now i have another tank. YAY!!! :bounce:
But to the point, it is called a Hagen Waterhome 32 Gallon. And my only question is lighting. I am kinda tight on money, but what i have with the aquarium is a Light Glo Hood, with two bulbs, each 20W, now i know these are not going to be enough to support the coral setup i would like, so, i was wondering if i could sub in some T5HO bulbs instead of the light glow ones. But have no clue where to get them, or if thee are compatible with the hood.

Those LEDs you linked to, I don't think are enough to keep corals. They seem to be just supplemental lighting. Why don't you look into a set of T5s for your tank?

Ok so I have been searching like a Mad man, but i want to get this right.
So, in all honesty, i do not mind what lighting system i go for, as long as its under $200 CAD, fits my aquarium 31" and will support coral.
So if you could chip in that would be much appreciated, im sorry if im being a nuissance! :)

Ok, so i only found a few things but i shall list them,

Reef Optix III HQI Metal Halide Reflectors | Metal Halide Lighting | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com
Marineland Reef Capable LED Light | LED Lighting | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com
Marineland Reef Bright LED Light Fixture (24-36 Inch) (Bit expensive)
Coralvue T5 2 Bulb Retro Kit 4' - Moonlights
Lumen Max 3 - 150 Watt - Ocean Aquatics Ltd.

One more thing i noticed was they dont have many sizes that would firt my tank, guess they dont fit 31 Inchs.. :(

The first link is just the reflector itself -- it does not include the ballast required to use the light, or the bulb. I'll check the other links now.

Edit: This is in your budget and would be perfect for your tank. You could contact the company and see about shipping to Canada?

250W Metal Halide Pendant Lights

The 150 watt MH wouldn't be enough light (you should get a 250 watt light if you want MH), and the 2-bulb T5 won't be enough either (you need at least 4 bulbs of T5, preferably 6).

Edit: This is in your budget and would be perfect for your tank. You could contact the company and see about shipping to Canada?

250W Metal Halide Pendant Lights

The 150 watt MH wouldn't be enough light (you should get a 250 watt light if you want MH), and the 2-bulb T5 won't be enough either (you need at least 4 bulbs of T5, preferably 6).

Yep will be sure to do that, though tax is gonna kill me!! Hahaha.
I will see what they say. :D

Anyways, now the lights are out of stock!! Arghh. Just my luck, but still searching, they havent replied with the email, but i guess they cant ship it if they have nothing to ship, and sale price will go back to normal now they have got rid of them all. Shame. :(

I'm in the process of producing my own LED lighting systems I can send you some pics of our first one if you would like to see. We will be selling them and will most likely ship where necessary.

I'm in the process of producing my own LED lighting systems I can send you some pics of our first one if you would like to see. We will be selling them and will most likely ship where necessary.

Sounds great, i love the look and design of them all, but have never known which ones support reefs. But i may just get a Metal Halide one i think, but please by all means send me some of the finished project! :mrgreen:

This is my one of a kind I'm making but we will be making our ones for sale out of aluminum. But currently running stress tests and it should be on the tank next week. Then it will be the coral test. The first pic is at 79%, everything was up and running under the last two, the last pic is the moonlight.

Attachments

• IMAG0189.webp
    IMAG0189.webp
    34 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0190.webp
    IMAG0190.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMAG0191.webp
    IMAG0191.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 201
I will make a new post once we get it finished, but I'm hoping to have the holes drilled by monday or tuesday. The the last pieces of acrylic will go on, and over the tank it will go by wednesday, thursday at the lastest.

Back