Gluing frags

BL1

I know this has been discussed in the past about what people use to glue frags.

My problem is I've been trying to glue all of my frags where I want them but, they don't seem to stick. I've tried both super glue gel and epoxy. I've also tried letting the epoxy cure outside the water a little and still won't hold. This is really frustrating the :pooh: out of me

What you can do is put superglue gel the epoxy to the LR. Then glue the frag to the epoxy. Sometime it takes a combo of the 2 to get it to stay put. I'd go heavy on the glue to be sure it sticks to the rock.

Just be ready to hold it in place for a few minutes to be sure it cures enough to hold it in place.

Thanks hiker, I've held it on there for about a minute. Ill have to try and put the glue on the LR and just hold it longer

If your tryin to stick em under water,it usually take a whole tube of glue.What I normally do is put 1/2 the tube on the rock and the other 1/2 on the frag.It'll get a crusty surface the second its in the water,but if you twist the frag back and forth,the 2 globs will combine and stick the frag in place.

If your tryin to stick em under water,it usually take a whole tube of glue.What I normally do is put 1/2 the tube on the rock and the other 1/2 on the frag.It'll get a crusty surface the second its in the water,but if you twist the frag back and forth,the 2 globs will combine and stick the frag in place.

That seems to have done it Yote, there on there. We'll see if they stay there after my urchin and snails start poking around. I'm definitely going to need like 20 more bottles of glue though

I always glue my frags to smaller pieces of rock. That way I can move the coral around incase either they or I dont like where I put them. By smaller, I mean about tennis ball sized or less.

I always glue my frags to smaller pieces of rock. That way I can move the coral around incase either they or I dont like where I put them. By smaller, I mean about tennis ball sized or less.

How do you get the pieces of rock to stay on the sides of walls then? I don't really have cracks to stick them in plus it's a fairly steep wall, I don't think they'd stay very well

Honestly, this is the most frustrating aspect of the hobby I have yet to accounter. The b est 2 ways I've discovered have basically been covered. 1. The epoxy glue combo .. and 2. What I normally do with moderate success, glue the crap outta the coral place it where I want it in the tank hold it down for a slow 30 count giving a slight twist around 10 seconds in. Goodluck!

Back