Fuge Life

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
So besides a good macro like Chaeto, what's the best type of life to add to your sump's fuge? I always hear about pods and stuff. And i see bottles of different things from Reef Nutrition at my LFS. I want to know what's the best or most desirable thing to have.

And what makes this stuff stay in the fuge and not get sucked to the tank and then sucked back down the drain and into the filter sock and/or protein skimmer?
My sump goes drain-->skimmer section-->fuge section-->return section-->return pump back to tank.

Thanks!

I have mysis shrimp, amphipods and copepods in mine. Reef nutrition sells those tigger pods(my brother has his fuge stocked with them). I bought the reef nutrition mysis shrimp and had great luck with them. They come with adults, adults with eggs and juveniles. Within about a month or so my population has doubled and they're living in my DT. I also have chaeto and other macro in there. I just recently added 2 nerite snails. I've got lots of hitchhiker starfish, feathers and stomatella snails in there too.

Last edited:
The simple answer.What ever works best for your tank.:D
If you have Cheato,then there are going to be pods in it.Same with live rock and sand.
Yeah,some of em are going to get chewed up by the pumps,and caught in the filter sock.Cant save em all.

Back