Fish to put in my tank

jarock

Reefing newb
I have two questions . My first question would be could i put a yellow tang in my 55g reef tank or would it be to small for them Second question what would be good reef safe fish in a tank that size? I was thinking of going with clowns forsure but other then that i am kinda clueless on what would go good with them and i really want a yellow tang.

A small yellow tang would be fine in a 55 gallon tank, but it would outgrow it eventually.

A pair of clowns would be a good idea, as would a sixline wrasse, firefish, or one of the different fairy wrasses.

I think Biff is saying you can get one. I have two tangs in my tank right now, a 55, they're small. In about 6 months I want a larger tank so I can have more tangs.

limiting the live rock does allow for more swimming room, but less rock also means less hiding places, and, more importantly, less natural filtration.

You need to make caves and room behind the rock for the tang, they like to be able to swim free and hide. So leave the front open for swimming!!! They are fast and really add color to the tank.

Not all wrasses are reef safe -- in fact, a lot of them are not. All reef safe wrasses that I can think of would be fine with clowns and yellow tangs.

ive been trying hard to find live rock to make caves but my LFS only carries huge rocks that are base which kinda sucks . any sugesstions should i break my live rock apart to form caves ?

I have to ask about the shipping to Canada..I understand thats no easy task. I can ask in the am, pm me if your are serious. I will get the shipping cost and price on the rock. This is real sweet stuff, lumpy and purple, not that branch or container crap. There are pieces i already put aside for myself...

Yah i already pm'd you the LFS brings in jakarta live rock its ok but i know im over paying for what it looks like and to put in my tank i cant do anything with it

Back