fish bones

Just my educated guess, but it seems that they are not harder. As they are composed of different amounts of the same substances. Calcium and other metals. I asked some people online they all tell my they have same strength but different densities. They are also several other factors to think about. Such as species and conditions. Try searching for info about fish bone structures. Hope this helps.

Tony

Thanks tony, The reason I ask is someone asked why I dont feed my lionfish guppys and I told them because of the fat content causing fatty livers in saltwater fish, and that is when someone said that a bigger reason is that fresh water fishes have harder bones and can get suck in the lions throat and stomach etc. But thanks again for the reply

Freshwater fish do not provide the amino acids and correct fats that the fish need. long term use of freshwater fare for saltwater fish is not recommended. I use to keep a tank full of black mollies. slowly convert them to saltwater and and marine fare, then feed to the volitans. with foods available now days that is extreme and you can probably get your lion fish to eat from a feeding stick (acrylic) dangle a piece of food on it and be patient. trial and error. good luck.

Back