first time buyer

jakef150

Reefing newb
I have been eyes on this one, Oceanic Systems | Products | BioCube HQI

I just want some real plants, rocks, and few fish (small) thats it.. 29 gal is perfect for my set up in an apt..

What do you say ? or Am i better off to buy used fish tank 30 gal and add some filters etc know that i ll have BETTER quailty on equiment (spell?)

Also will it use up ALOT of electric ( electric billing will shock me eh ? )

Thanks!
Jake

The BioCube is a great tank. IMO, it's perfect for a first tank. Plug and play. I'm not sure how much electricity it would use though.

Again I havent buy it yet...

I have seen Bio 29 for $279 with free ship.

Umm dont you think 29 is too big/much for first time ? Am i better off start with Bio - 8 and practice with all waters ??

I m a bit chicken to deal with saltwater cuz i kept hear that its hard work and use up a lot of my time work on it ??

I will keep reading all info i need to learning...someone point me to nao reef that they have tons info i need to learn..

thanks!

Yeah i know money will be issue... otherwise my wife will kick me out and live in a dog house :)

I think maybe just get Bio 29 gal with HQI - $499 and call it day then go slow from there ?

My big concern is ELECTRIC... We are *high* low income which is why..we need to be careful with electric bills. I think it should be fine for my wife to open the electric bill by mail ;)

Do you have any recommend good online to order stuff or just better off i go to local pet shop ?

I went to local salt water fish shop and saw 29 bio for $328 plus tax but online $279 with free shipping and no tax.

Thanks!
Jake

ok i made up my mind and go for 29 BUT Not sure if should upgrade to HQI $499 or stay with regular bio 29. ARGH! LOL

Thanks!
Jake

ok i made up my mind and go for 29 BUT Not sure if should upgrade to HQI $499 or stay with regular bio 29. ARGH! LOL

Thanks!
Jake

Save your frustration when it's time to stock the tank ;) THAT is pure frustration -- What to get, how many to get, etc :mrgreen:

Well the lighting really depends on what you are going to keep as far as corals go. Do you know what type of corals you like soft, LPS, SPS etc.? If you know what you wanna keep then the light decision might be easier.

If you want SPS corals and clams then go with the HQI.Otherwise go with the other one for soft and LPS corals.

Also check these out,see if there is another nano you like better.I like the JBJ-28g. nano with MH and stand.Free shipping for the same as the Oceanic you listed.

Aquariums: Premium Aquatics

Back