Feeding Jawfish

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
Since he still won't come out the hole, I uses a long feeder to feed him. I tried frozon Mysis Shrimp and Brine Shrimp and he kinda just look at it. When I feed him Formula One Frozen Food, he would swim out the entire body to get to the feeding tube. What is your feeding experience with the Jawfish?

Kind of shy and first, but when they take to the food they really are probably the most fun fish I had to watch. They are an awesome fish. Very fast darting movements.

All the yellowheads I've feed at the store,tend to wait just above their hole for the food to get right above them.Then they dart up,snag the food,and right back into the hole.

Thats what I find as well. You just need to make sure the food gets down to their hole. Feed in the opposite side of the tank for your other fish then hurry and feed where he is at.

:dunno:
It would eat pretty much anything I put in there. Mysis & brine shrimp, pellets, flake. You name it, it eats it. I have a dwarf lionfish that also does the same. :shock:

it was creapy but it was different. i like my old one but i changed it before someone complained to much it was just bouncing boobs it was a clean avatar and i used it for a few months but i just did not want to offend anyone

Back