doos and donts????

valasaraptor

Proud ocelot owner!
im new to salt water and know a lil bit bout it but what r the biggest,going to fast is 1 but need further info any help? thx nick

Patience dedication, and the want for more knowledge will get you very far in this hobby. Find reputable dealers, or deal with trusted online sources, don't be shy to question the motivations of those you buy things from. Ask before you buy, everyone here knows far more than any single person put together. Take time and put effort into keeping up with testing water params, doing changes, and adjusting to give your fish and other animals the best possible conditions, happy fish make this hobby much more enjoyable. Never try quick fix medications or other solutions to common problems, some may work, others may cause you to lose everything, again ask before trying products. Other than that just love what you do and enjoy the ride.

+1 cathic

Also, make sure the fish you put together are actually compatible. Reasearch reseaerch research EVERYTIME before you put something in your tank.

All good suggestions... Ask here before you buy anything for your tank. The people on this site are not trying to sell you stuff, so we have nothing to gain from telling you that you need things that you really don't, like fish stores do.

Good advice,i do notice your doing this with an 8 gallon if your sig is correct...That is going to be tough for a beginner.Good luck and ask tons of questions when needed:Cheers:

its actually an 11 but havnt got the chance to change it and in about a week im movin everything into a 20 or 30 and thanks for the advice every1

The reason people are telling you to get a bigger tank is because you're going to be SEVERELY limited to what fish you can keep in a 10g tank. (notice how I used all caps when I typed severely)..When I say severely I mean, 1 maybe 2 fish. And your choices on what fish will be limited too.

Check this link for help. Most of us use this for research. When it opens click MARINE FISH, then look on the left side of the screen and start browsing fish.

www.liveaquaria.com

a good start tank would be in the 29-55 range, hopefully ending with you having a beautiful reef system, ultimately most of us decide to go bigger than that but anything smaller is difficult to handle without a knowledge and good understanding of the hobby. Larger tanks allow for more error in water parameter fluctuation, bigger fish (or more fish) corals, nemes, and in the long run allow for a better experience in the hobby.

+1 all the above.
It'll also help to get a notebook and keep track of water parameters,maintenance,whats been dosed and how much,new additions and such.
And NEVER make quick changes in anything related to your tank.Slow and steady gets the job done.

Back