CRAZY Test Results!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I have been testing my waters Ammonia and Nitrites and Nitrates forever.

I was getting annoyed since my Ammonia was always reading .125 and my Nitrites were always at least .1 but my Nitrates are always 20-50.

I decided to test the water straight from my RO/DI machine that says 0 on the out meter.

It shows the exact same readings for my Ammonia and Nitrites right from it.

While the Ammonia can be considered to be 0 like the chart shade depending on who looks at it the Nitrites are clearly 2 shades from the 0 on the chart but yet at only .1.

My biggest thing was it showed anything but 0.

The Nitrates though were clearly the shade of 0.

So I was like WTF and took some tank water and checked the Nitrates thinking maybe the dropped to 0 from all the work I have been doing since the other 2 matched identical but nope the tank was still at 35-45 which is lower than what it was.

My chart only goes to 50 so when I started trying to drop the Nates who knows how high they were. Most likely more than the 50 it goes up to.

Anyone have something to say to give me an idea about the RO/DI water and the test kit which by the way the LFS matched the numbers last month so the kit has to work I would think.

I also meant that I just got it when I started the tank from the reef guys and I did buy a total filter replacement kit but it can't be out this quick

Back