Clownfish..

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
One of my clownfish hasent eaten in a few days. Should I be concerned. He is still swimming and stuff and looks fine but just hasent eaten when i put food in the tank..

Hmmm... Usually that's a bad sign, but usually it's accompanied by other symptoms. What are your water parameters? Have you added anything new to the tank or done anything different to it in the last few days?

i would try feeding different foods and keep an eye one the fish thats not eating. he may still be acclimating to the tank.

Switch to frozen food. Go to your fish store, or any Petco or Petsmart, and they will have frozen food in a freezer. Not only is frozen food more nutritious and delicious, but pellets and flakes contain ash, which leads to algae problems. If someone is having an algae outbreak, often the easiest change to make is to switch to frozen only.

If I were you, I would pick up some mysis shrimp cubes. See how the clown takes to that.

You've got some good advice there.
Try mixing a few different types of frozen foods too.Some fish are just picky eaters and wont touch the food unless its something they like.

give a shot to emerald entree from San Francisco brand frozen food. It is made for omnivours (wow did I hatchet that spelling) like clowns. It also has spirulina which enhances the immune system. Sometimes fish take a feeding break with quick change in temp or stress. I have never had a healthy fish turn down emerald entree. It is the staple for all my fish.

-Doc

Back