Cloudy Water! Ewww!

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
Ok, I looked through the archives and haven't found this sitch yet, so I'm going to post this one. I started cycling my tank yesterday with LR and LS. Mixed my water, filled the tank, and *poof* completely opaque water with cream-colored foamy stuff on top. Can't even see the LR through the haze. I wiped the inside of the glass today, and there was a film on the glass that wiped off (looked like sand as it dissipated). The tank stats are:

SG: 1.024
pH: 7.9
Ammonia: still reading 0 ppm (wasn't expecting anything overnight, but I checked anyway)
1.5 inch sandbed

I'm really really hoping it's just that the sand being stubborn and not settling, but any input would be appreciated. Cuz right now my tank looks like :pooh: !

Its from the the live sand. They should have included a packet of stuff you mix with water to help that stuff settle out. Just give it time, it will clear up on its own with or without the stuff.

That's totally normal when setting up a new tank...like mentioned, that's just the sand trying to settle. Give it a couple of days to clear.

Back