Clean up crew

Shane1

Reefing newb
Hey all I'm just wondering what all I should have in my tank to help take care of things and keep it looking and working right. At this time I have two Clowns, about seven blue leg crabs, one snail, six vermatid snails, a feather duster, bleached leather, and I can see a few tentacle sticking out of the rocks during feeding time.
I think the snail is pretty lazy cause he just stays in spot for days and days:D. Even if I move it, it will go right back to that spot.
I had a bunch of GHA that I removed using some techniques I found online.
Here are my test results from last night
PH 7.5 (I moved my power head to create more aeration)
Ammonia 0
Nitrtite 0
Titrate 15ish
Thanks for your help.:Cheers:

Whoa...double check that ph level. That's kinda low.
But I agree, you have a nice cuc already, just add 1-2 nass snails.

Sometimes you think snails don't do anything until you see them cruising around at night, then go right back to the same spot during the day to sleep.

Sometimes you think snails don't do anything until you see them cruising around at night, then go right back to the same spot during the day to sleep.

haha i have 2 of those 1-2 inch nass in my tank (i asked for 10 small ones and the guy threw in 2 big ones) but i call the big ones godzilla and godzilla jr cause when they smell the food they come out the sand just like godzilla came out the water , hehe i can imagine the same shriek godzilla made

nassariuos snails have a very very keen sense of small its awesome watching them ,love seeign their "tentacle" in the day time just like an antena lol

as for my turbo hes my new "Big Daddy" he likes to get on the powerheadand water return from my filter and eat at the algae that gets created there

anymawhowiggles

sounds like a good setup so far but yes 7.5 is a little on the low side

keep us posted and take some pics we loves them pics

Back