carpet crashing

Jeeper4Fun

Reefing newb
I've had my carpet for 3 weeks now. Looked great at the store. Stuck to the bottom of my tank right away and was very sticky.Feeding it 2 siverside everyweek. It's been full with great folds in it. All my water paramiters are right on.
temp 78
salinity 1.022
running 2 175 w Mh 8hrs
2 vho 10 hrs
75 gallon
70 pounds of live rock

Added a Blonde Naso and a Coral Beauty last Sunday and the carpet shrunk half it's size the next moring. Everyday it seems to be doing weird things like scrunching up on one side or sticking way up in the air (Water). It's mouth has be open for the last three days. I read that there open there mouths when there are stressed, ill or lack of oxygen. I put another powerhead near by to make more movement around it. Woke up this morning and it had moved a couple inches back. Has lost most of its stickiness. Either I got a anemone that was sick to begin with and has been slowly crashing or I have done something wrong. Any suggestions would be great.Before and after Pics are in the gallery

Thanks

maybe try rasing you SG to 1.24-1.22 is kind of low every things else seems ok check your phos they don't like high levels are you adding iodine this will help recover

Requirments-temp-72-78,salinity-1.023-1.025,(ph-8.1-8.4),dkh8-12.Maybe this can help.

Last edited:
For some reason the pics didn't load up in the gallary

000_0398.jpg

000_0400.jpg

000_0410.jpg

000_0416.jpg

000_0406.jpg

It looks a little better today, mouth isn't open as much

000_0420.jpg

clowns appear abit large for the anemone. if they are pounding it too aggressively then that might be your problem. if so the anemone will probably not make it. otherwise your salinity should be 35% at 80 degrees. your lighting is questonable, needs bright light, intensity might not be adequate if depth of water collum exceeds 18". anemonies like full strength sea water, bright illumination, medium current, temp apprx. 80 degrees, and clowns that are not too rough on them. good luck thanks for the question.

Back