Carnage

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
To my leg that is...

Who said the Salt Water hobby wasn't dangerous, haha.

I was almost done installing my new pump and I was cutting a peice of vinyl hose with a razerblade, slipped and hacked my leg open. This was caused by complete stupidity on my part, I was too lazy to get my PVC cutter:chair:

It doesn't look too big, buy it was freakin' deep. Instead of stitches, the doctor tried some glue instead which worked out well.

And of course, a pic.
DSC00956.jpg

Super glue a mechanics best friend and a three year olds worst nightmare. Whats up with all the reef related emergencys?

Haha, no doubt. First someone is in for coral toxins, then your daughter in for superglue, then me for slicing and dicing my leg.

Whats next???? Hopefully nothing.

yikes..thats gotta hurt..it looks like what we call a clean cut...that glue is called dermabond..it does the job...did you get your tetanus shoot? just keep the wound clean..rinse it 2 times a day with water and soap...any redness , sweling, or bad odor, call doc...

yikes..thats gotta hurt..it looks like what we call a clean cut...that glue is called dermabond..it does the job...did you get your tetanus shoot? just keep the wound clean..rinse it 2 times a day with water and soap...any redness , sweling, or bad odor, call doc...

Thanks for the advice.

And yes, I did get my tetanus shot. It has been since 91' since my last one shot.

Salty,Your not supposed to use a razorblade to cut hose,lol.Thats what they make knives for.
Just goes to show,No matter what kind of hobby you do,there's some risk to it.

Back