Bubbles wtf

As im cleaning up my apt i noticed ALOT of bubbles on the surface of my mantis tank. Looks like someone put dish soap in there WTF. Any ideas?:grumble:

I am due for water changes today but ive never seen nothing like this,. tottally confused.

did you spray any sort of cleaner near the tank that could have gotten in the water?

You may have been out of it while cleaning from all the drugs for that tooth of yours :)

When I said cleaning I ment like. Picking up all the left over trash from last night. I don't use any types of chemicals in the house at all except dish soap for my dishes. I don't even put on cologne in the house....i slid my bio wheel down to the oter side of the tank to see if that would help....still confused.

Maybe just not enough flow at the surface to keep the components that are allowing the bubbles to form in the water column where they can be removed or broken down?

Try taking a paper towel and laying it on the surface of your water. Then pull it out and throw it away. Do it a few more times. Do the bubbles go away (and stay away)?

Well today was water change day. Did both tanks and the bubbles on the mantis tank went away.....

Protein build up? What's that mean? Elaborate please.

You know how a skimmer works? It creates bubbles in the chamber which carry the proteins and crud in your water into the collection cup. It's possible the same thing is happening in your tank. Your getting small bubbles which are carrying the crap to the surface of your tank. When you did your water change it pulled a lot of that crap out of your tank.

Kinda I suppose....I hear what your saying now. My mantis has been on a terror as of late. He's killed the last turbo snail that was huge. And then at least 6 hermits...and I was due for a WC so it adds up. Thanks B

Back