Blue Terror

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
So I put a Purple PseudoChromis ($28) in my tank today and the Blue Damsel chases him all over the tank nipping at his tail. (Yes, some on this board said don't get a Damsel). After 5 minutes, he hides in the rocks and my wife and son peer in with a flashlight: "yes, he's dead already". He comes out later when its dark. The Damsel won't chase the clown --her same size. The clown and damsel were put in at the same time. Do Damsels kill?

Yep. Especially blue ones. In my experience, the most aggressive damsels are the striped, domino and blue. I have a blue damsel that was the first fish I ever added to my first tank ever (everyone starts somewhere) and he has and will kill any fish that I add that is smaller than him. He used to kill corals that I would put in his territory.

Damsels kill other fish all the time. That's why we tell people not to cycle their tanks with them.

Thats why their called DAMNsels.
I had yellow tailed that killed every fish I put in the tank.
That one got fed to a 13 inch blue spotted grouper.

Same here. I had stripe damsels & blue and they did nothing but give me grief and agony. They look cool, but this is one case where looks is deceiving.

You will remove all your rocks just to have a chance to catch them. :frustrat:

Im curious why Cardinals dont replace damsels as the "start-up" fish. They are so friendly and so damn hardy.

She killed my little purple fish. Services were held early this morning at toilet side. The damsel is digging up half the aquarium too. She won't bother the clown, but then the clown is her size.

QUESTION: Did you ever see your damsel kill anything its own size or bigger?

(BTW, saw a big green moray eel in the LFS yesterday all curled up around its white egg sac, Way cool.)

(BTW, saw a big green moray eel in the LFS yesterday all curled up around its white egg sac, Way cool.)

Stay away from those ones sen they are the "diver chasing" morays highly aggressive and they get huge like 6' long and as big around as a mans thigh! Morays are definately cool though!

Stay away from those ones sen they are the "diver chasing" morays highly aggressive and they get huge like 6' long and as big around as a mans thigh! Morays are definately cool though!

The Damsel does not attack the clown, but the clown and the Damsel were put in at the same time. I wonder if that's a factor?

(Maybe I should put the Blue Damsel in the Moray's tank.)

Back