arrgh! LFS driving me nutz!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I have been bringing in water once a month to be tested. Everytime I bring it in, my tests all come out OK except for low calcium. He always tests at 300-350. I have my own test and it was coming back at 480-500. I assumed my test was wiggy, so today when he tested at 350 again, I bought a new kit off him. Came home and did a test, 500.....Who do I believe? I figured if his was off, he would notice it as he tests for customers all the time.....But I have two test kits now both coming back at 500....

Are your kits different brands?
If they are,If at all possible,have a different store test your sample.If that comes up to match both your kits,then bring it to your LFSs attention.

The test kit I had originally bought is API. The one I bought today, I can't remember the name, but it's the same kit he uses, and was 25 bucks, just for calcium

My API calcium kit was never that far off from the LFS's tests.
One of 2 things is happening.Either your store is trying to gouge you for some calcium supplement,or they could be using a bad kit.
Thats a hard call to make there.

He already gouged me for the calcium sup on day one.......so I doubt its that. But if his test was bad, you think he'd notice all his customers coming in low.....

You'd think.
But then I've also seen a lot of store owners that didnt care as long as made a sale.
I cant really say because I dont know they guy,but I'd be sure to bring it to his attention on the next visit.

Take your test kit down to the lfs where you bought it. have him test his tanks, then you test the same and see where you are at.

Back