Aquatinics Constellation

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I finally got my new lighting. had the unit for awhile but waiting on the bulbs. Didn't get the bulbs I ordered so I'll never order for the site I got them from again. Anyway here is my question. I have the 7 bulb one that has three cords. This is what happen. When two of the cords were plugged in, the third one that wasn't had electric current going through it. The only reason I know this is because my daughter got a small buzz. Is this right or do I need to contact the company? Also the three cords can't be connected into seperate power cords. Is this also right? When I plugged two in one and one in the other both GFCI went off. Is this right? I need to get this fixed before I leave for vacation. Thanks in advance.

Your saying,when you touch the prong that wasn't plugged in,it gave a buzz,right?I not sure if this is the way it suppose to be.,give Aquactinics a call.Aquactinics has an question and answer thread on Reef Central,Tom is CS for them.I have the lights connected to two surge protectors but only to one outlet.One surge protector is plugged into the other surge protector and that one is plugged to the wall outlet.

If theres electricity coming through the 3rd plug,then there is a problem.
Sounds to me like somebody at the manufacturing level got a wire in the wrong place.
I'd give em a call and make em send a new fixture.

Gave them a call. Had to leave a message. Guess I'll have to wait until tomarrow to see what the problem is. Man I hope this doesn't stress my fish out. I have no other light to replace this if I need to send it back. My old one is gone. Why me? This sucks.

I can't wait for this year to be over the last few month sucked. Started with the hot water tank then washer, dishwasher then my laptop is kuput. So now I need to buy a new one. What's next? Thank goodness my life insurance is up to date.

I can't wait for this year to be over the last few month sucked. Started with the hot water tank then washer, dishwasher then my laptop is kuput. So now I need to buy a new one. What's next? Thank goodness my life insurance is up to date.

I'm right there with you Piggy.
In the last 6 months we have gone through a fridge,washer,dryer,serpentine belt on the wifes van,starter on the van,busted picture window in the living room from a wayward football,and 3 sick kids right when I'm between insurances(from changing jobs).

As for your fish being without a light.During the day,it'll just be like a cloudy day on the reef to them.It shouldnt bother them at all.

Gave them a call back. Boy did I learn a lot that I didn't know about lighting. First thing I need to do is be sure the wiring in the house is correct so I need to go get a tester. Once I do that I'll give him a call back. Also found out that our lighting is already grounded so it really doesn't need to be put on a GFCI but if you really want one get a heavy duty one so it doesn't keep tripping. Also got some good info on types of bulbs plus help on picking out the ones to have. All I can say is this guy knows his stuff.

tom is a good guy, but not happy how they raised prices all at once on fixtures now they should of gradually raised prices.

I think you may already know that answer.
First off need 2 Actinic, then he 3-4 daylight bulbs which are the aqua bulbs then 1-2 6500 k or 75/25.

ATI Blue plus(mixture of blue-420/460/7100k)
UV aquasun 10k
UV Super Actinic
GE6500k
ATI Blue plus
ATI aquablue special 12k or UV 14k

Thats all I wrote down.

Back