Aqua C EV-150

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Well I purchased a used aqua c ev150 with a mag 7 for me 160 gallon and just got it hooked up last night. Its not producing any foam yet and ALOT of micro bubbles are coming out in the sump. I don't have the sump hooked up to the display just because im going to wait and see if the bubbles dissipate. Does the skimmer have to break in again even if it just came off a tank? Also is it normal to produce any foam yet? I am new this so any help would be appreciated.

It will need to break in again, however it should be foaming a bit already. You should be making skimmate within the first couple of hours. The break in will just go from a little to a lot of skimmate over the course of the first week or so. Are you using a carbon reactor? Have you checked the airline to make sure that the venturi is getting proper air flow? The more you put your hands in the tank, the worse it will work. The oils from your skin (and hand lotion) will reduce the skimmers effectiveness for a little while.

Maybe I don't have it set right then. I am new to aqua skimmers and have never set one. Do I make the bubbles go to the bottom of the collection cup? Its producing ALOT of bubbles just no skimmate. Here are a couple pics to get an ideal on the level I have it set at.

2rpsj1u.jpg

slk080.jpg

I think i'd raise the level a bit. I forgot that the Aqua-c's dont use venturi's so assuming that your pump is functioning correctly, you basically just need to set the level and let it go

Since the foam is at the bottom of the cup.I dont think I would mess with it.
Once its broke in,you'll have more skimmate than you'll know what to do with.

Will the micro bubbles that are coming out go away once its broken in? There are so many micro bubbles that they are going right through the bubble trap no problem.

Well just here within the past couple of hours it started foaming so bad it filled up the cup with water!!!! I opened the gate valve all the way and the foam was still too much. So I raised the skimmer in the sump and it still was overflowing. My last option was to close the air valve a little and so far that has slowed it down. Aqua recommends to run the air open 100% but as of right now it won't let me. Hopefully it will set in soon and be fine.

Back