alage

daugherty

part time reefer
man i have never had this much alage in my tank before i switched tanks. well here is the plan i am going to start doing 5 gallon water changes every day for about a week to see if it helps along with running GFO. the problrm started after i got all the rock from my father-in-law even after i scrubed it it all came back. i think it is bryopsis

If you've got Bryopsis,your in for one hell of a fight with it.That stuff is worse than hair and cyano ever thought about being.

Bryopsis is bad stuff. Nothing eats it except maybe emerald crabs, so if you don't already have one of those you might want to invest in a couple. Lettuce leaf nudis can be used as a last resort, but they don't usually survive.

i hope i can get rid of it it killed both of my sps that i had but i did save a little 1\4 in peice of the birdsnest hope it comes back.

If the water changes dont work (which i doubt) and you see cyano or any other algae, it should actually make you happy because those other algae will seriously compete with the Bryopsis but at the end, they will be much easier to control than the Bryopsis itself...so try to get other algae to compete with it if nothing else works. It could take a while but i guess worth it as a last resort.

Last edited:
that is the only alage besides cheto in the sump and since i changes the lights on the sump i bet i went from 1\8lb of it to over 2lb in less than a month

Back