Adding some corals??

andersoned14

Reefing newb
Ok I think I might be ready to add some corals to my 29gal tank. Here are a few pics of the set up.
32716161.jpg

78132074.jpg

It has been set up since Apr. and everything seems to be stable. PH-8.4, all other levels are at zero. I have been changing 5gals every two weeks with reef crystal salt. There is no LR in there but coraline is starting to spread on rocks from the right side of tank.
9dc5fe47.jpg

7be4a119.jpg

Light is a 24" T-5 HO 48w current fixture, only a few months old. I figure I need to upgrade this, so do I add a MH or go with a more powerful T-5. Live animals are two small clowns and a firefish a handful of hermitts and two nass snails. I recently got a Raccoon butterfly for my 90gal and had some schrooms in there so I moved them into this tank because I knew they would not last long with the butterfly.
9201d9d7.jpg

Any thing you can think I need to change or add would help. Thanks:Cheers:

You can either add a MH or add another T5 light fixture similar to the one you have now, doubling the bulbs. At least 4 T5 bulbs would be ideal.

For now at least
if this is true, it is going to cost about $100 for that light again, or maybe $200 for a MH with T-5s. Is the two bulbs going to limit me alot, or will I be ok with all but the really hard to keep corals?

24" x 5-1/2" Saltwater; 48 watt, CD-29695
$94.99 $75.99

Nova Extreme SLR T-5 Fixtures
these are what I have right now.
so $75 for another set. What can I have??
Nova Extreme SLR T-5 Fixtures
20"; 108 watt, CD-35962
$289.99 $231.99
oversized-line-list.gif
Are these worth it??
or these from fish need it
2Ft/4Bulbs fixture

Item# 2F4B
$99.99
150W MHL with 2 x 2bulbs 2Ft Fixture

Item# 150w-mhl-with-2-x-2bulbs-2ft-f150222
Regular price: $399.99
Sale price: $249.99
Or just add a viper MH clip on. I would rather not spend $250 on lights, but would hate to end up buying them in a few months because what I got just is not working?
the first sets of lights are from DRS foster and smith.com

those are good starter corals, just be careful with the galexia, they can sting other corals if they get close.

You are going to need four bulbs to keep LPS and soft corals(the corals you posted pics of).However you achieve it,doesn't really matter.You can add an additional two bulb fixture or get a fixture with 4 bulbs or more.

i just ordered a 150w mh pendant from them they were really nice and shipped the lights the same day I ordered them.

The Odyssea bulbs aren't very good either.Most fixtures comes with bad bulbs.I'm not suggesting to replace the bulbs as soon as you get them.Maybe after several months when it's time for corals.

Back