A quick poll

Which fish should be my last in a 33 gallon?

• purple firefish

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • painted fairy wrasse

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

michelle

Reefing newb
I am getting one more fish for my 33 before I upgrade it. Right now I have a flame hawkfish and a coral beauty. Would you get a purple firefish or a painted fairy wrasse?

I chose the wrasse. To me the firefish are too common in tanks. Seems like every LFS has them. The purple is a little more rare, but I still chose the wrasse.

I am thinking exactly along the lines of Alto. Firefish are great, and are one of my favorites, but if you have an opportunity to get something more rare, then I'd do it.

I would do the firefish as they are hardy and can almost live in a toilet. You know it will survive.

-Doc

Thanks for everyones advice! I had decided on the pair of fairy wrasses, but when I went to pick them up the lfs said they would rather I wait til the next shipment. The pair he had there had not been eating well the last few days. So I will add them in April to the 55 gallon when I get it.

Sounds like you got a good LFS.A lot of em would have sold you the fish anyway.
Not to mention,good things come to those who wait.

Yote has the best advice for this hobby. Patience. Something I totally lack. Glad you decided on the right fish for you. Can't wait to see the pictures

-Doc

Back