30 light

hibye

Reef enthusiast
do you guys know anyplace where i could get a metal halide with t5 lights or just a clamp on for a 30 gal

I haven't seen any fixture that is 30'' that has both MH and T5.I have seen some that are 36'' long though and they cost quite a bit more than $350.Check Drfostersmith.com and Marinedepot.com.Be aware of possible heat issue with MH....good luck.

I have also been looking for a light fixture for my 30 gal. Havent seen any
t5's or MH/flourecent combo lights 30 inches long. Have only seen PC lights and MH lights 30 inches. Makes me kind of wish i went with a tank that was 36 inches long:grumble:. If you go with a light that is either 24 or 36 inches, I would contact the manufacturer to see if they make mounting brackets for 30 inch tanks first.

Brian

In that case I would get the viper and you could always buy a lunar set for 20.00 to 50.00 or just DIY a set.

Ok I have figured out what I am going to do about lighting

Instead of finding a fixture to fit my 30 inch tank, I am going to get a canopy and then mount a t-5 nova extreme 4x24 inch fixture inside of it. If there is room, I will eventually add another one in there. That should give me ample lighting

Priced it out and it will be about $250 total for the canopy and one fixture

Brian

Back